Adam is joined by special guest Yasmin Nair (writer, academic and activist) to discuss the intimate relationship between celebrity and power in the realm of adoption, especially international, transracial adoption. They begin by discussing the famous and complex Farrow-Allen case which recently came back into focus because of the HBO docuseries "Allen v. Farrow". The discussion then broadens to talk about how power, in general, is central to the reality of adoption.
Join the Patreon if you enjoyed this episode.
Check out the new Plan A merchandise shop: planamag.com/shop/
Twitter: Yasmin (@NairYasmin),
- Adopting Difference: Race, Sex, and the Archaeology of Power in the Farrow-Allen Case
- "Shattered Bonds" by Dorothy Roberts
- Article about domestic (American) adoption and the welfare system
- Article about Sandra Bullock's most recent adoption
- Dutch freeze international adoptions after abuses uncovered
- English language version of the Dutch report
EFPA Opening Theme:
- "Fuck Out My Face" by Ayekay