Banner photo: Rendering of the Apollo 11 rocket projection on the Washington Monument, 59 Productions/Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
On August 20, 2020, Asian Americans Advancing Justice's Asian Law Caucus, along with dozens of Asian American and Civil Rights organizations, filed an amicus brief opposing the US government's increasing attacks on Chinese American scientists.
In this special unlocked bonus episode, Teen and Diana discuss "The China Initiative," how and why something like this gets enacted, who it hurts and who it benefits. Ethnic cleansing and fascism don't require violent mobs. Jealous colleagues, ambitious prosecutors, and an ignorant public will get the job done. But are Chinese scientists the first victims of an impending Boba Liberal pogrom, or the last line of defense against a truly failed state? In an America that is insane and eating itself, Asian Americans need to develop our own tradition of intellectualism to fight for ourselves and all Americans.
Join the Patreon if you enjoyed this episode.
- United States vs Tao Amicus Brief
- The Chinese in America, by Iris Chang
- Thread of the Silkworm, by Iris Chang
- One Billion Americans: The case for many more Americans
- How Two Students Touring Florida Found Themselves Branded as Chinese Spies
- Destined for War: Can America and China Escape Thucydides’s Trap? by Graham Allison
EFPA Opening Theme:
- "Fuck Out My Face" by Ayekay