Director and producer Jenny Shi joins Dave, Kin, and Diana to talk about her feature-length documentary Finding Yingying, which premiers December 11. Finding Yingying is about the life and death of Zhang Yingying, a Chinese visiting student at University of Illinois-Urbana Champagne, who was kidnapped and murdered June 9, 2017. The film poignantly focuses on Yingying and her family, challenging traditional crime narratives, and interlaces Asian American issues such as media representation, school funding, sexual violence, and bridging cultural gaps.
Join the Patreon.
- Student visa rule change unfair, foolish, by Kin Cheung
- Revisionist History, what's wrong with the LSATs and how to improve higher ed
- Man Who Killed Korean Woman 'just felt like it,' Brisbane Times
- Annie Le's article on petty crime at Yale
- Norcal Rapist Trial just concluded. Convicted on all counts! Should receive life in prison. Sentencing next month.
Three University gynecologists sexually assaulting Asian students at USC, UCLA & Columbia, each over 30 years of abuse.
EFPA Opening Theme:
- "Fuck Out My Face" by Ayekay
What is the Purpose of the Asian American in This Times? Ft. Emily Dong